Friday 18 March 2016

Proud Moments of Being an Organizer of World Record of Maximum Number of Tandem Skydiving in One Day for 89 Indians in Spain

 

On 25th August 2014, Phoenix Skydiving Academy organized Tandem skydiving camp in Spain at Skydive Empuriabrava, exclusively for Chrysalis entrepreneur’s forum of Dr. Manish Gupta.

All arrangements of Tandem skydiving jump in Spain at skydive Empuriabrava was done by Phoenix Skydiving Academy, with help of skydive Empuriabrava staff at their skydiving center. These preparations were going on from last 3 and half months exclusively for this Indian group. In this record attempt we got excellent coordination and arrangements of airplanes and tandem instructors and cameraman’s along with total flight take off landing management by skydive Empuriabrava.

Group of 70 entrepreneur’s and 19 family members total 89 people from India  had performed  Tandem skydiving in a 6 hours at skydive Empuriabrava Spain. Previous record was 251 Tandem jumps done in 24 hours we got the challenge of approx 64 Tandem jumps in 6 hours, which was not only broken but taken to some another level by Indian Team by doing 89 Jumps in 6 hours.

We have set another World record of highest number of simultaneous Tandem skydiving in one hour. The previous record was 25 Tandems in one hour , We broke the world record in just 40 minutes and in next 20 minutes we did more 10 jumps and set new World record of total 35 Tandem jumps in one hour. Limca book has already confirmed this attempt as National record while confirmation of the same, as a World record is being awaited.

Managing Tandem jump back to back in one hour in such a big number was the big challenge, in addition of it, on the same day weather went bad in morning but still we managed it in minimum hours. It was the amazing experience I had in my life”. I did first tandem jump of my life after completion of 650 solo skydiving jumps career. Currently I am the only woman skydiving coach is in our country. Still it was such nice feeling after done this Tandem jump.

Where we had youngest participant Mr. Atharva Patil (13years) at one side, another side, we had the oldest adventure junkie of the group, Mr. RaoSaheb Pawar (59years). We had 17 woman participants in total, who did the Tandem jumps. I personally thought that, the lady brigade was such a massive support because I never expected that 17 woman will get ready to do skydive without any fear, this group of ladies have proved that Indian woman are coming out of that fear factor of life… they have started living in new era of society without any barriers.

Before jump 89 Indians stood on foreign soil (Spain) before Tandem skydiving World record and had our Indian National anthem... that was the proudest moment of my life... my dream came true..... I am sure that I made each of the participant feel the same way, as I felt on North pole when I did the very first jump of my life without any training on 18th April 2004 .And that was the moment when I promised myself to let other Indians also have the same feeling some day, and, that’s why I kept my journey on and became the first ever Indian Woman certified with the Skydiving Coach license.
This event never happened overnight, actually I had this dream for 10 years and now, I am feeling too great after living one of my biggest dreams. And this is just the starting; now there is a whole list to bring more Indians up for more events like this and make our country proud of our records.

Details of Record Attempt:
1.Largest group skydiving - 89 Indian civilians performed Tandem skydiving in a single   
   day over the foreign land. (At Empuriabrava- Spain). (World Record)
   Confirmation has received from Limca book of records.

2.Highest number of simultaneous Tandem skydiving in one hour by largest group of     
      Indians (National Record)
Confirmation has received from Limca book of records.

Shital Mahajan - Rane
Skydiver
Founder
Phoenix Skydiving Academy
+919689031919

No comments:

Post a Comment